It's Crites travelogue time! The trip was only three months ago... but that's how I roll! lol! We headed out to the east coast shortly after school got out.
First stop: to see my parents and my grandma in Montana. Grandma had recently fallen and was in the hospital. She was not doing well at all. It was hard to see her in so much pain. But I was glad to get in a little visit. She has since moved to a nursing home and had a stroke. She's so ready to go. Here is what will probably be our last picture together. <3 p="">3>
The next morning we set off to get through the beautiful states of Montana and North Dakota. It was an outstandingly gorgeous day from the very beginning.
It was painful to go through our old hometown and not stop! But time didn't allow much leeway. We had an appointment to be at our dear friend's home in eastern N. Dakota that night! I had never been on the road between Grass Range and Glendive, although I've heard lots about it. Summer is a wonderful time to see it and we enjoyed the views. And we stopped for the famous cinnamon rolls in Jordan! Yum!
After a lovely night with our friend, we headed across Minnesota and up through Michigan to the great lakes. The kids and I had never seen them before. We didn't spend tons of time there, but I have this thing about just being able to say I've seen them! We stopped in a cute little shore town, had some pizza and walked along the shore.
This is the same picture with the brightness adjusted. I can't decide which I like better. The first one shows the moodiness, but the second one is good too. So you get both, ha!
This sailboat was just hanging out, looking pretty. I decided that each town probably hires a boat to stay anchored off the shore for the idyllic value.
So pretty!
All for today! More later...












Haha to the sailboat! They totally should! I haven't really seen the Great Lakes much. Besides Lake Ontario of course. And we drove across ND and MT in the dark, so clearly we need to do this trip, but in reverse.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got some time in with your Grandma! Hugs!