I thought I would check in with a little progress report on my purging with the KonMari method. And that report is: none. Zero. Zip. Nothing. Nada.
The thing about purging on this scale, is that it takes a lot of time. I tend to neglect my other household chores when I'm doing a project like this. So this week, I knew I needed to give some attention and time to other tasks. Although frankly, I'm not getting much done in that department either! (Have you seen this website shared on Facebook? I am such a practiced procrastinator. This blogger gives a great illustration about what's happening in your head). My two household goals for the week were to fold some laundry and clean the bathroom. As Friday afternoon starts, neither one is done. Stellar work, Jolene.
I had a fair bit of work to do from my job {that actually pays me money}, so that does tend to take a priority. That, and grocery shopping. And Downton Abbey. Wait, did I just say that out loud!?
So if you're doing some purging and progress is slow, do not despair! You are not alone! So better luck to us next week and have a great weekend!
![]() |
| As I mentioned on Instagram the other day, THIS is the room responsible for me doing a whole house purge. You know, the pantry needs cleaning and organizing, so you give away a bunch of stuff from your wardrobe. I like to address my problems head on like that. LOL! But pantry, start quaking in your boots, because I WILL get to you!! |

I am a procrastinator as well and distracted by the same things! Haha!
ReplyDeleteUgh. I can't relate to this post at all.
ReplyDelete;)
I love this whole post! I can TOTALLY relate to it all. I was just reading another blog post @nourishing minimalism and they had a book review on the KonMarie method. It made me remember you mentioning something about it. I love to see your progress. I just did my pantry, not it is the laundry room/junk storage room for me! I 'rested' this week with sick kids, so hopefully progress will be made for both of us this week! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete